Thursday, January 29, 2009

Day Three: Extra in a Music Video

The email was forwarded on, "hey, my friend's band is filming a music video in alphabet city and is looking for extras". How could I refuse? The band is called Plush Gun. I hadn't seen them before but my interest has certainly been piqued after Wednesday night and a little internet'ing. It turns out the drummer is a fellow Lexington High Schooler (was three years younger) even though I hadn't known him before. 

Free drinks for a few hours, massive hipster-dom, and...well, i'll let the instructional email do the talking:

Hello,
I'm Giuseppe De Angelis, producer assistant for Oikos Films.
I Know from Ana that you're available to be in the video as extras.
The call for extras will be at 5.30 pm tomorrow Wednesday 28th @ MAMA'S BAR 3rd Street and B in the East Village.

Please try to come with 2 items of clothing.
1. a dark jacket: ideally a leather jacket, or a big army duffle coat, or your big winter coat, OR FUR. Something intimidating and dark.

Something that says "We're cool and you're not."

2. Underneath wear something sparkly or happy or friendly or fun. It can be your most comfy vintage t-shirt, or fuzzy sweater! Or your favorite flannel, or a fun necklace, or ear muffs!

Something colorful that says "I'm approachable and cute!"

If you have question or request do not hesitate to contact me.

Looking forward to work with you.
Have a good night.

Giuseppe.



OIKOS FILMS, LLC
www.oikosfilms.com





2 comments:

  1. it's online! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwuQnXWz5P0

    check out minute 1:32

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're online! in the "making of the video" http://www.99dollarmusicvideos.com/makingof/episode/99MV_20090303

    minute 1:54

    ReplyDelete