Thursday, January 29, 2009

Severance Kid

Having worked at the same company for nearly seven years, and getting laid off for non-performance related issues meant one thing: some decent severance. BofA fairly gave me around six months on the payroll and I certainly am not planning on wasting this opportunity. Ever since I've lived in NYC there's always been a slight jealousy at the stereotypical Trust Fund kid who somehow doesn't work yet partakes in all that the city has to offer. Well, for at least a brief while, I may not have rich parents who spoil me, but what I do got: severance. I plan on staying in the city at least a few more months before undertaking a long-awaited Flashpacking journey (I just learned this term and it absolutely describes what I want to do). During that time I plan on just "getting involved", whether its trying to learn a language, yoga, get in shape, or learn any other sort of ridiculous craft or engage in any absurd experience, I'm game. If anyone has any suggestions, please keep me updated and I'll be sure to join. In annoying trader talk: I'm short work, and massively long free time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment