Monday, February 16, 2009

Domo Arigato

A few may know, I have long held a goal of mine is to attend a Davos summit. For no real particular reason other than I enjoy having a somewhat random goal to consider when evaluating shorter-term life decisions.

Man, I picked the wrong venue. At this weekends G-7 the Japanese Finance Minister Shoichi Nakagawa apparently showed up at a press conference looking drunk. Upon closer examination of the video, he doesn't just look like "I've had a six-pack over the course of a football game" drunk, he looks "its 4am and I'm about to eat three slices of sausage pizza" drunk. He defended himself saying it was the unfortunate combination of "exhaustion" and "cold medecine". Now, I know Nyquil can knock the hell out of me, but if you have just met with the six other preeminent financial leaders in the world, shouldn't you have taken Dayquil? Either he is lying or my next laid off task is moving to Japan and starting my own high-profile medical practice.

First video is straight footage of Mr. Nakagawa, the second is a news report.





I guess if your country's GDP just declined near 13% annualized one may resort to some liquid courage to face your counterparts. Also, it cannot be a splendid time working for a Prime Minister who's current approval rating is 7%. That's right, 7%....and we thought Americans were unhappy with Bush.

No comments:

Post a Comment