Wednesday, October 14, 2009

It's Soooo Cute

As one may have noticed from my posting all summer, I was a huge fan of Asia. I am also a massive carnivore and believe that vegetarianism is often an irrational decision made by those with the luxury to do so.

However, sometimes even my limits may be tested. This summer I saw dog on the menu only once, at a Korean restaurant in Beijing. I tried scorpion and snake but just couldn't get myself to do it. I think the idea of discriminating what meat you eat based on the cuteness of the animal is ridiculous, and often just the decision is often just the result of cultural differences. I still feel at some point I may try it out, but a web discovery may have forever repulsed me from such a path.

I told you I'd be searching the far corners of the web, and this discovery came as the result of the following conversation. My friend who runs the pizzeria in Kansas was telling me how people often come into his store and just ask for "meat" on their pizza. He'll ask what kind of meat, to which they will simply reply "No idea, just meat." I joked that he should keep a supply of dog in the back for these very situations, maybe call it the "AJ's Special". Naturally, the followup question was "I wonder how much dog meat costs and if it's available in the U.S.?"

It is available...and the top google result could very well have not only turned me off from trying dog meat forever, it's so intense that for a split second, I may understand where vegetarian's are coming from.

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you:


I won't include the pictures here, but I would recommend (or maybe warn you) to check out the "Recipes" page.

Also of note, is their sister site: www.kittybeef.com

Where, if you're buying a whole spit roast cat, you can differentiate between fish-fed cat or chicken-fed cat. Apparently, much like the grass-fed beef craze hitting high end restaurants, the true kitty connoisseur is extremely selective about what their cat eats before consuming it.

Crazy, crazy Asians.

No comments:

Post a Comment